Saturday, January 17, 2015

Boobies, boobies, boobies...rockin' everywhere!!

I dub you the light skinned latina boob!
Last year I had someone ask me to make a boobie beanie for them. You've probably seen them before. It is a baby hat made to look like a woman's breast. I had never made one before, but I gave it a go. I think it came out very good. I made some adjustments to the strawberry hat pattern that I had previously made and viola! Okay, to be honest it was not as fast and easy as it sounds. My first attempt was a major fail in both shape and color. It is a funny story actually. I made this awkward boob beanie-that I personally think needs a tan- and then realized where I needed to make adjustments. I moved on to what was to become my final and much better version.

First boobie beanie attempt
 Well, at a family dinner at my parent's house, my father announces he believed that I may have dropped one
of my "creations" on his driveway. He ran it over with the snow blower, but he was proud to say that he thought it would survive. He then goes to fetch it and brings me back a wet heap of yarn that vaguely resembles the boobages of one the women you'd expect to see on the cover of National Geographic. Talk about embarrassing....and no, there is no after photo. Poor boobie.



Juan's Christmas beanie
Fast forward many months and it is Christmas time. My brother had expressed interest in wanting a boobie hat of his own. That is exactly what he got and he wore it with pride. Merry Christmas to him!



 






No comments:

Post a Comment