Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mobile Madness!

A friend asked me to make a mobile for her soon to be here baby boy's nursery. She gave me some suggestions then I gave it a go. The nursery has an owl theme in a light green and tan. I took some inspiration from the ombré star mobile tutorial found HERE and added two owl elements.

 
 
Just like in the lucky star ombre mobile, I began by taking some white craft paper and painting a wash on it using watercolor paint. Once it was completely dry, I cut the paper into strips 1/2" by 20" and followed the directions on making the stars.


The blue owl was made using quilling techniques. Originally, there were going to be four. However, once I plunged in and realized how difficult it turned out to be, I decided to only finish one. I took the easy way out for the sake of my finger tips!
 

The brown and tan owl on the top was made using felt, embroidery thread and stuffing. This cute owl is actually my favorite part!

 
 
This being my first attempt making a mobile, it was a given it would turn out a bit rough. I however already thought of ways to improve my technique and now I know what to do (or not do) for the next one I make!



No comments:

Post a Comment