Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Baby Blankets Galore!!

Anyone who really knows me, knows that I always have the best intentions when it comes to giving new baby gifts. I have a cousin that is really on the ball when it comes to making baby blankets for all the little newcomers to our family. I on the other hand, take longer to complete projects and that often results in the wee one receiving their gift by the time they are 4, 6, even 12 months old. This post however, highlights an example from each end of the spectrum.



Little Noah joined our family last month. I crocheted for him a beautifully simple baby blanket.




At first I thought the blanket too simple and plain, but as I finished it up, I realized that its simpleness and repetitious pattern is what made it lovely.
Baby Noah received his blankie a mere four weeks after his birth. Not too shabby! ;-)

Baby Diego joined the family back in February. The baby shower was held in early December 2010. I gave him him his blanket this last weekend...For those doing the math, the blanket was 10 months late. Not my finest hour. However, I have had worse!!




I decided to try a different style crochet. It is called Bavarian Crochet. It involves crocheting around the posts of the previous round. It then produces a "popped up" or "3D" effect.





I have a feeling that I will be making this type of blanket many times over!

2 comments:

  1. love them both! but the "simple" one is gorgeous....very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am sorry I haven't read the blog in such a long time! I see you have been doing a LOT! I love this blanket and I have been enjoying looking at all of your projects. :)

    ReplyDelete